b.book 32-Cell Braille Notetaker
Refreshable braille notetaker, braille display and computer
The new b.book braille notetaker is the result of more than 40 years of design and technological innovation for the visually impaired. Combining the functions of a braille notetaker, braille display and full Windows computer; b.book is the next generation of refreshable braille notetakers.
- b.book works as a braille notetaker: Includes accessible suite of apps for creating and editing documents, file transfer, braille math, music braille; and more
- b.book functions as a braille display: Connect to your computer, smartphone or tablet
- b.book runs Windows: There’s no need to get a laptop too; b.book is a full Windows computer!
The next generation of refreshable braille notetakers
- 32 braille cells, 10-key keyboard, 2 joysticks, 6 function keys
- 10-hour battery life – for working all day on the go
- esysuite software: Includes accessible suite of apps for most everyday tasks; like writing and editing documents, reading and writing braille math, transferring files, working with braille music and more
- Windows OS: Full access to the Windows computer environment
- USB and Bluetooth connectivity: Even transfer files via Bluetooth
- Screen reader compatibility: Works with all major screen readers and operating systems
- Modern design and ergonomics: Increased comfort, robustness and ease-of-use
- Robust shock protection: Includes a protective carry case and protective bumper on the device
- Soft-touch Perkins keyboard: Keys press easily and comfortably
- Peripheral access: Connect b.book to your printer and scanner
- Exam mode: Lock down access to certain functions during tests
- Built-in speakers, microphone and headset connection: For comfort and privacy
- Quality Design & Manufacturing: Made in France by eurobraille (40 year history)
- 2-year warranty: Parts and labor included
3 devices in 1 – b.book adapts, depending on your situation
1. Want to use the included apps and stay in an easy, accessible environment? b.book includes esysuite; for creating and editing documents, braille math, braille music and more. esysuite includes dictionaries and other helpful tools so you can complete your everyday tasks and never have to leave the accessible environment in esysuite.
2. Braille Display: Want to use b.book as a braille display; to read and control your computer, smartphone or tablet? b.book can easily connect via USB or Bluetooth. b.book works with Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android and is compatible with all major screen readers.
3. Windows computer: Need software that only works on Windows or requires a more powerful computer than a standard braille notetaker? No problem; b.book is also a full Windows computer. Just jump out of esysuite and use your favorite screen reader to have full access to the complete Windows 10 computing environment. Use JAWS, NVDA, SuperNova and more.
Want to share your work with sighted people? Just connect b.book to a TV or monitor and sighted peers, teachers, colleagues and loved ones can all follow along.
Since b.book is a full Windows computer, you can connect printers and scanners and use other Windows compatible peripheral devices with b.book. Not only can you connect to and use a braille embosser with b.book; you can even emboss tactile graphics directly from b.book to your (graphics-capable) braille embosser.
You can use b.book like a standard braille display; connecting with a USB cable or wirelessly through Bluetooth to your computer, phone or other device. You can also transfer files through the dedicated USB connection.
b.book also adds a unique feature: You can transfer files wirelessly, through the Bluetooth connection (PC/Android only, for now).
b.book runs on Windows 10, so you can use your favorite screen reader directly on it and use any Windows 10 compatible software. You can also use b.book as a braille display (terminal mode), connected to other devices; in which case, you can use Windows, Mac, iOS, or Android. Any major screen reader will work, including: JAWS, NVDA, SuperNova, VoiceOver, TalkBack, BrailleBack and more.
Less hand movement required
The unique routing keys on b.book have 2 functions. One is to route the curser to that location in the text, like standard curser routing keys. But with b.book, you can also use the curser routing keys to move you forwards or backwards; eliminating the need to move your hands to press the forward/backward buttons. Just press lightly on the curser key for character 1 and you move backwards; the remaining curser keys all move you forward. Long press to make the standard curser routing command. Keep your hands in place and save your wrists.
European precision-designed housing and keys make b.book ergonomic and robust. The keys feel solid and press easily. b.book even includes a rubber “bumper” that is integrated into the device housing, to help you better grip it and protect against drops.
Get up to 10 hours of continuous use from your b.book, before you need to charge
Use your b.book with the included esysuite apps to create and edit documents, import documents, use dictionaries and encyclopedias, scan/OCR and translate to text. esysuite boasts powerful features for creating, editing and scanning math, as well as translating back and forth between braille math and print math. There are even features within esysuite for creating and editing braille music.
Use b.book at school
Braille notetakers for school need to be robust and powerful. For this, there is no match for b.book. The b.book braille notetaker is precision-designed in Europe to be light and comfortable to use for long periods of time, and robust enough to keep up with the school environment. b.book boasts powerful internal notetaking and computing features, as well as modern connectivity. And if you really want power, use b.book’s included esysuite software; complete with braille math and even music creation, editing and translation between print and braille.
Use b.book at work
If you want to be sure you have enough battery and wrist strength to get through your workday, look to b.book. The battery inside b.book will last up to 10 hours. The design and special features of b.book will also help keep you working comfortably long enough to run through an entire workday. The precision-designed housing and keys on b.book feel good and keys press easily and solidly. Plus, hand movement is significantly reduced, thanks to unique curser routing keys that double as backward/forward buttons.
Use b.book at home
Like to make music? Or maybe you’re a tech geek. Either way, you’ll have fun with b.book at home. b.book offers unique functions within its esysuite software to import and compose your own musical scores. You can display music as standard print, braille or both.
Either way, connect away with b.book! You can connect b.book to 5 Bluetooth devices and quickly switch between them. You can even transfer files through Bluetooth.
About the Manufacturer - eurobraille
As a leading brand in the braille industry for the last 30 years, eurobraille provides a wide range of assistive technology products and services for blind and visually impaired people; for study, work and daily life.
Founded in 1980 by French multi-patents holder and the inventor Ioan Montane from Politehnica University of Bucharest, the company was first named MIW. The company was dedicated to innovating electronic systems and components development. In 1987, the company began research, development and manufacturing of products for the blind and visual-impaired people. The fast-moving success of this new business led Ioan Montane to create a new independent company in France for this specific market : eurobraille sa.
In 1988, eurobraille launched its first product dedicated to the blind community, Mistel. This development features a screen reader with speech synthesis and a braille keyboard. Then a 20-cell braille display, BrailTel, was launched the following year.
In the 90’s, a spectrum of braille products was developed and offered a wide range of portable and workstation devices such as Junio-noteBraille or Clio-pupiBraille. In 1997, eurobraille developed a range of products dedicated to the Education environment: a software that turns math braille into math formula, readMath, and a braille display that features a word processing program, a spreadsheet and a calculator that can be connected to a laptop, Clio-azerBraille 4.
At the beginning of the millennium, eurobraille continued to develop high-quality and innovative braille displays, note-takers and software for blind people, such as Scriba, Iris & esys ranges.
In 2011, the company introduced esytime, an integrated braille notetaker and display working with an evolutive Windows 7 platform. This device is compatible with all screen reader software, which allows access to the Internet and comes with software dedicated to Education named esysuite, which includes a translation mode for math, music and contracted braille (grade 2).
Located at Maisons-Alfort, at the gateway of Paris, the eurobraille manufacturing workshop is formed by a team of technical experts and developers who design and manufacture braille displays, note-takers and software. The sales team is composed of technical sales reps and trainers who work with the individuals, companies, schools or ministries.
Sales, service and support for eurobraille products is available in North America through Irie-AT Braille & Low Vision, as well as Irie-AT distributors throughout the region. Contact Irie-AT to find a reseller in your area.
In 2021, eurobraille entered a new era with the brand new refreshable braille display b.note.
This new range – available in 20 or 40 cells and in light version – is set to revolutionize the braille display market with its new features: docx, odt and pdf files transfer to Android and WIN devices and vice versa, audible speech synthesis with headphones, or curser routing keys allowing the user to move forward or backward on the display.
In 2022, eurobraille introduced the innovative new b.book 32-cell braille notetaker. Utilizing the powerful internal software, esysuite, b.book has incredible power. Besides being a powerful braille notetaker, b.book is also a full Windows computer.
Other innovative projects will emerge in the future and will further strengthen eurobraille’s key role in the visual-impairment assistive products market.
- 32 Braille cells, 8 dots per cell
- 32 routing cursor keys – with unique extra function
- 10-key Perkins-style Braille keyboard
- 2 Joysticks, 6 Control keys, 2 Backward buttons, 2 Forward buttons
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Notetaker Platform: esysuite
- Processor: SMARC Adilink Pentium N4200 / 1.1Gh/2.5Gh/4 cores
- Memory: 8 GB RAM, 120 GB SSD
- Screen readers installed: NVDA, Libre Office
- Battery: Removable battery, 7.4V 7000mAh (51.8 W)
- Audio: 2 stereo speakers, 1 microphone, 1 headset jack (3.5mm)
- USB Ports: 2 USB 3.1, 2 USB 2 Type A, 1 USB-B mini connector, 1 USB C supply connector
- Other Ports: 1 HDMI-micro, 1 Ethernet RJ45, SD-card reader
- WIFI: 2.4GHz 802.11ac dual band
- Bluetooth: 4.2 LS BLE – Connect up to 5 devices
- Case: Protective carry case included
- Dimensions: 10.6 x 7.75 x 1.04 inches
- Weight: 2.4 lbs
Note : Any Windows 10 compatible software or device can be used with b.book.
This version is not compatible with Windows 11 (WIN 11, coming soon!)
What's in the box
- b.book braille notetaker
- protective carrying case
- USB-C fast-charge power cord
- USB-A to USB-C cord
The b.book has a two year parts and labor warranty.
Standard Repair Policy
Irie-AT strives to provide our customers with the best product support and after-purchase care. In the event that your product is defective or you require service, please consult your warranty paperwork to determine the eligibility for service.
What is the repair policy?
If the product failure occurs during the warranty period:
- Parts and labor will be covered, unless the damage falls outside of the standard warranty coverage. If the damage falls outside of the warranty coverage please see details below.
If the product failure occurs outside the warranty period:
- All non-warranty repairs will be charged at standard shop rates.
- An Irie-AT Service Technician will inspect the unit and generate a repair quote to provide an estimate of potential charges before proceeding. Once the user authorizes the charges, the Irie-AT Service Technician will proceed with the repair. Upon completion of the repair an invoice will be created and payment will be required before the unit is returned.
Shipping is not included unless specifically indicated be an authorized Irie-AT representative.
Irie-AT is not responsible for any damage that occurs during inbound transport. Should damage occur, Irie-AT will contact the customer immediately so that a shipping claim can be filed if necessary. If damage occurs during outbound shipping please take pictures of the damage and contact Irie-AT immediately resolve the issue.