Basic Braille (20-80 Cell) Displays
- Multiple sizes available for all kinds of applications
– 20, 32, 40, 48, 64 or 80 cells models available – includes cursor routing
- Stylish, robust aluminum housing and durable Braille cells
- Features a flat, space-saving design
- HID technology – ready to use, without special drivers
- Optional: wireless Bluetooth, with integrated rechargeable battery
- Made in Germany with a 3-year parts/labor warranty
$2,295.00 – $7,995.00
A comfortable and affordable braille display brought to you by Handy Tech!
With the Basic Braille, you get an affordable, high-quality Handy Tech braille display that lives up the German standard. The case is made of sturdy, anodized Aluminum and the side panels are made of a high-quality, textured, non-slip plastic for ultimate durability. You can be assured that this braille display will keep you connected to the electronic world and keep up with your active life!
Easy to Use
The Basic Braille only has 3 keys to the right and left side of the Braille cells making it very straight-forward and easy-to-use. This simple design allows user to use one hand to navigate and the other to read on the Braille. The cursor routing keys are integrated in the Braille cells and can be used to position the cursor at a desired position within the text.
Wide Range of Sizes to Fit all Kinds of Applications
The Basic Braille devices boast a flexible design making it possible to create various sizes to ensure there is a braille display to fit your individual needs. The 40-cell display is light-weight, compact and an ideal size to be used with a laptop whereas the 64-cell display works great with a desktop computer where you have more space. The Basic Braille is also available with 20, 32, 40, 48, 64 and 80 Braille cells and all models have a flat design to be comfortably placed in front of a computer keyboard or laptop.
The Basic Braille works with all common screen readers like JAWS, SuperNova, NVDA or VoiceOver by Apple computers. Screen readers allow people with visual impairment to access computer systems via a combination of a Braille display and voice output. The Basic Braille is connected via USB to your computer and no extra power supply is needed. As the Basic Braille uses HID technology (Human Interface Device), it is ready to use without the need of having to install any software. Thanks to HID the computer will recognize the Basic Braille once you connected it with your computer.
Optional Bluetooth Version
The optional bluetooth version allows wireless connectivity so users can connect to portable devices such as cell phones, tablets and laptop computers. It also comes equipped with a high-performance lithium-ion battery for a more flexible device. Thenm, when the battery gets low you can recharge the device through a standard micro-USB cable. No special cables are needed.
- 20 / 32 / 40 / 48 / 64 / 80 / 84 flat Braille cells with cursor routing keys
- 6 low-noise function keys, 3 keys each on the left and right end
- Micro USB interface
- No power plug (USB powered)
- Size (W x H x D) / Weight:
- 40-cells: 34,7 x 9,15 x 1,95 cm / Weight: 680g, 730 g (with battery) (24 oz / 25,7 oz)
- 64-cells: 50,1 x 9,15 x 1,95 cm / Weight: 920 g, 1120 g (with battery) (32,4 oz / 39,5 oz)
- 80-cells: 60,3 x 9,15 x 1,95 cm / Weight: 1120g, 1320 g (with battery) (39,5 oz / 46,5 oz)
- Bluetooth Version: Rechargeable batteries
- Battery duration: 12 hours
- Charging time: 3 hours