Basic Math & Science Package
- Index Basic-D V5
- TactileView Design Software
- TactiPad Drawing Tablet
- Audio Reading System
- Drawing Accessories & Paper
- MathType Software
- Duxbury Braille Translation Software
- 1-Year Extended Warranty
- Online Step-by-Step Instructional Materials
- Phone, email and online support
- A $319.00 savings
Creating tactile graphics for math and science is now easy and affordable! This all-inclusive system is designed with flexible tools for teaching math and science to braille-reading students of all ages!
Create tactile graphics quickly and easily
• Draw tactile graphics using a tactile drawing pad, digital pen or mouse
• Convert bitmap and scanned images into line drawings quickly
• Add Nemeth braille math labels to your tactile diagrams—uses MathType equation editor
• Add audio labels to tactile graphics for greater interactivity
Make braille/tactile graphs
• Enter equations to automatically create tactile graphs – with braille!
• Graph multiple equations on the same graph
• Emboss premade graph paper – change dimensions and axis with ease
Draw your own diagrams using the Tactipad and comprehensive drawing tools
• Begin to draw and a raised line will appear so you can see the results instantly!
• Use the grid frame to draw your own graphs – complete math assignments and tests more easily
Create braille/tactile graphs instantly
• Navigate tactile graph with audio feedback
• Find specific points, mark points of intersection and more
This is the first all-inclusive package designed with complimentary tools for students and educators to work together more effi ciently saving valuable prep time and providing a richer educational experience.
Basic-D V5 Specs
- 110 characters/second – fastest braille embosser at the price!
- Quality double-sided Braille – the industry standard
- High-resolution tactile graphics – up to 50 dpi
- Built in Wi-Fi for embossing with smartphones and tablets
- USB port for embossing from a USB-drive, backing up or updating
- Control panel with braille labels, speech feedback, backlit text & keys
- Compact size – can go with you everywhere
- Tractor feed paper – the most reliable sheet feeding technology!
- Built in Bluetooth for external speakers in noisy environments
- Updated firmware with recovery mode and Acapela multilingual speech
- User defined paper sizes for custom documents
The INDEX Basic-D is the best selling braille embosser model in the world for a reason: it is the fastest braille embosser at the price while also being extremely robust and attractive. Building on that tradition, INDEX now offers the Basic-D Version 5 (V5) with modern connectivity options like wireless embossing, USB embossing and even on-board braille translation to automatically convert .doc, .txt and .pdf files to braille.
The Basic-D V5 is a modular design, so our US service center can repair quickly – usually within one working day – and can even remote into your embosser (with permission) to diagnose and repair most potential issues without the embosser ever leaving your desk. You never have to pay more for good, fast service for INDEX embossers.