Braille Box V5
- 300 characters/second – fastest production embosser at the price!
- Quality double-sided Braille – the industry standard
- Acoustic cabinet built it – sound canceling comes standard
- High-resolution tactile graphics – up to 50 dpi
- Built in Wi-Fi for embossing with smartphones and tablets
- USB port for embossing from a USB-drive, backing up or updating
- Control panel with braille labels, speech feedback and backlit text & keys
- Cut-sheet/individual-sheet paper – for the widest selection of media!
- Built in Bluetooth for external speakers in noisy environments
- Updated firmware with recovery mode and Acapela multilingual speech
- User defined paper sizes for custom documents
The INDEX Braille Box offers the widest variety of any production embosser. Utilizing a unique individual sheet feeder, users can emboss braille paper documents as well as use mainstream media to create braille labels, double-sided braille business cards and more! Even use 11×17 paper to make foldable braille book, automatically. Plus, the new Braille Box Version 5 (V5) includes modern connectivity options like wireless embossing, USB embossing and even on-board braille translation to automatically convert .doc, .txt and .pdf files to braille. It even comes in a sound-absorbing cabinet to automatically reduce noise to a pleasant level.
Installation and onsite repair options are available through our US service center. However, Braille Box V5 does not require it. The machine arrives in one box and can be plugged in and running within minutes. Our service people can even remote into your embosser (with permission) to diagnose and repair most potential issues without the embosser ever leaving your desk. You never have to pay more for good, fast service for INDEX embossers.
Put away the swell paper machines and specialty tactile graphics tools. The Braille Box V5 now embosses high-resolution tactile graphics without compromising the quality and feel of the braille dot itself. Ask for a sample. You’ll be amazed at the quality of the tactile graphics that can come from a machine that also embosses perfect braille dots.
22" x 28" x 35"
120 – 180 gsm
A3, 11.5" x 11", 11" x 17"
|Paper tray volume|
Up to 400 sheets
6 or 8 dot
|Max character per line|
48, depending on paper size
|Tactile graphic resolution|
Up to 50 DPI
Multilingual speech feedback
LED back lit keys labeled in in and braille
USB 2.0 standard
100 MB standard TCP/IP
Standard 3.5 mm
Supports standard WiFi and Bluetooth
Embedded for embosser status, monitoring, setup, and service
59 – 104 F
10 – 90% non-condensing
100 – 240 VAC
|Eco power down|
1 W maximum
Our improved embossing technology will give you consistent high-quality Braille dots.
Cut the wires and create beautiful Braille documents from your smartphone, tablet, or laptop.
We give you more control with our new and improved user interface.
Index Direct Braille
Use idB to send a file directly to print without the hassle of a braille editor.
Emboss and Backup from USB
Emboss, backup, and restore your embosser using nothing but a USB drive.
Diagnose and correct issues faster than ever with remote support.