Brailliant BI14 Braille Display
- Combining the benefits of KeySoft and braille literacy of a traditional note taker with the efficiency and power of a modern tablet.
- Driven by KeySoft, completely rewritten from the ground up to maximize the entire experience of modern users
- TouchBraille – the most natural way to type braille on a touchscreen – virtually as fast as typing with 10 fingers on a keyboard
- Smart keyboard cover provides a perfect ergonomic introduction to braille typing for young children
- Quick access to mainstream apps and cloud storage, including Google Docs, DropBox and YouTube
- Teachers can receive instant visual feedback
Smart things come in small packages
In today’s fast-paced world, vision-impaired professionals and students need a device that lets them stay connected and stay productive on the go. Our latest innovation? The smart and compact Brailliant BI14. Our smallest braille display yet, it’s designed for ultimate efficiency without sacrificing ergonomics or comfort. So you can stay on track anytime, anywhere.
WATCH: Brailliant 14 pairing with iPhone
WATCH: Brailliant syncing
Stay on track when you’re on the go
Designed to boost productivity whether you’re at the office or out and about, the Brailliant BI14 boasts cutting-edge intelligence and innovative features made with the mobile professional in mind.
- Rugged design made for mobility
- Stable connectivity across multiple devices
- Small and light to fit easily into your jacket or bag
- Compact design with maximum comfort—type easily for hours on the ergonomic braille keyboard
- Features 14 high quality braille cells with cursor routers (the same used on both our Brailliant and BrailleNote devices)
- Reduced wrist fatigue thanks to our signature thumb keys—pan and navigate the display without taking your fingers off the braille display
- Navigation joystick that makes it easier than ever to use your paired Apple device—simply flick the joystick to mimic touchscreen swiping
- Micro USB for charging and connection to PC
- Up to 20 hours of battery life
Connect in seconds
From daily commutes to business trips, staying connected when you’re on the move is more important than ever. That’s why we’ve designed the Brailliant BI14 to pair instantly with iOS devices, so you never have to miss an email, deadline or conference call again.
You can connect your BI14 with up to five iOS devices at once with Bluetooth Low Energy (LE) pairing. Simply unlock your iPhone or laptop and VoiceOver will instantly notify your BI14, translating all of your data into braille in real time.
Your BI14 even comes with a USB connection so you can stay charged on the go and keep braille at your fingertips anytime, anywhere.
Stay in sync
- The Brailliant BI14 internal notes app makes it easier than ever to take notes in your meetings—in contracted or uncontracted braille.
- To sync your notes with your other devices, simply download the Brailliant Sync app from the Apple App Store and set up your email account.
- Next time you pair your BI14 with another device, your notes will be automatically synchronized.
- Access them in your iPhone Notes app or your Outlook Notes folder, along with any other device you have connected to your email account.
- If you want to take notes on another device, just make sure you’re connected to your email account and they will be automatically synched with your BI14.
The Brailliant BI14 was designed to be as user friendly as it is intelligent. A simple switch on the back of the device lets you know whether you’re using the Brailliant’s internal applications or if you have the device set to control other paired devices such as your iOS device.
With or without a pairing to an iOS device, the BI14 makes it easier than ever to:
- Take notes in a meeting or class with the internal notes application
- Keep track of time thanks to the internal clock
- Time how long tasks take with the stopwatch application
- And much more.
Mobility made easy
With its innovative and comprehensive family of braille display devices, HumanWare is changing the way people who are blind communicate, study and work. Now with the launch of the compact and affordable Brailliant BI14, you can experience cutting-edge braille technology that keeps you connected like never before.
The small, intelligent and affordable braille display
The Brailliant BI14 is the latest addition to the renowned Brailliant family of Braille displays. The Brailliant BI14 is the smallest of the line and is made to provide ultimate portability for the mobile user without sacrificing ergonomics and comfort. Designed to exceed today’s productivity standards, the Brailliant BI14 features sleek intelligence, unique internal notes synchronization across multiple devices, and stable connectivity.
- Rugged design built for the user on the go
- Very light: 285 G 0.63 lbs.
- Ergonomic traditional 8-dot braille input keys
- Comfortable typing experience with a note taker style spacebar
- 14 high quality braille cells with unique touch sensor routers
- HumanWare signature thumb keys
- Navigation joystick for easy navigation and learning curve
- When paired to iOS, joystick mimics swipe gestures – Flick right on screen = joystick right on BI14
- Micro USB for charging and connection to PC
- Slider switch to toggle between application and braille terminal mode
- Switch left for internal apps – Switch right for braille terminal connection
- 15 – 20 hours of battery life
- Size: 166x100x23 [mm]
- Weight: 285 grams, 0.63 lbs
- Built-in intelligence allows for increased productivity anywhere
- With or without a pairing to an iPhone:
- Take notes on the BI14 – Type in your preferred braille grade with built-in braille translation – Check the internal clock – Keep time with the BI14’s Stopwatch
- Pair up to 5 Bluetooth devices at once Plus one USB connection
- Bluetooth Low Energy (LE) chip ensures a constant Bluetooth connection
- Unlock your phone and the Brailliant is paired
- Bluetooth LE also allows for data syncing
- At launch Brailliant BI14 will immediately work with iOS 10.3 and later
The Magic of Synchronization
- Brailliant Sync ensures notes taken on the BI14 are available everywhere!
- Download the Brailliant Sync app from the App Store – Setup your email account configuration
- Stay Productive Anywhere:
- Take notes on your Brailliant without a connection to your iPhone – Brailliant Sync auto synchronizes with the notes folder of your email accounts – The next time you pair with your iPhone you will notice that your notes typed on your BI14 are now available in your notes folder on any device with email access
- Inversely open your notes folder in your email account on your PC and type a note you don’t want to forget to ensure it will sync with your BI14