- 330 characters/second – fastest production braille embosser at this price
- Reliable tractor-fed paper for high capacity embossing
- Quality double-sided Braille with high-resolution tactile graphics!
- Automatic magazine format embossing – seamless book printing
- Wireless connectivity – on-board WiFi and Bluetooth
- Low noise level
FanFold-D V5 is the new high-speed production Braille embosser based on the well proven BrailleBox V5 technology platform. It combines an excellent dot quality, high speed, low maintenance cost, and competitive price.
The principle construction of FanFold-D is simple. It uses the embossing and electronic modules of BrailleBox, the feeding mechanism of Basic-D, and the noise reduction technology of Index Acoustic Hoods. The combination of these simple principles leads to an excellent result, the best traditional braille printer ever produced.
The FanFold-D is delivered on a pallet, ready to be used directly.
Easy on-site maintenance
- Maintaining FanFold-D on site can be done without a trained technician. This major step is possible because:
- No mechanical adjustment is required.
- No lubrication of moving parts. This eliminates the problem of dust and reduces the cleaning need.
- The complete mechanic printing module is accessible after opening the glass lid.
- Only a few modules: embossing module with driver electronic board, electronic module with power supply, CPU board, the user interface and a few sensors.
- Sensors and firmware upgrades are shown by light-up text.
- Web interface to monitor embosser status, etc.
- Remote support from Index factory.
- Exploded view drawings combined with web shop make spare parts accessible for everyone.
40.16 x 35.43 x 24.41 inches
120-180 g/m2 (80-110 lbs)
5-12.5 inches wide
6 or 8 dot
|Max character per line|
48, depending on paper size
|Tactile graphic resolution|
Up to 50 DPI
Multilingual speech feedback
LED back lit keys labeled in in and braille
USB 2.0 standard
100 MB standard TCP/IP
Standard 3.5 mm
Supports standard WiFi and Bluetooth
Embedded for embosser status, monitoring, setup, and service
59 – 104 F
10 – 90% non-condensing
100 – 240 VAC
|Eco power down|
1 W maximum
1-Year, Parts and Labor
Our improved embossing technology will give you consistent high-quality Braille dots.
Cut the wires and create beautiful Braille documents from your smartphone, tablet, or laptop.
We give you more control with our new and improved user interface.
Index Direct Braille
Use idB to send a file directly to print without the hassle of a braille editor.
Emboss and Backup from USB
Emboss, backup, and restore your embosser using nothing but a USB drive.
Diagnose and correct issues faster than ever with remote support.