This product is coming soon!
Plug GuideReader Pod into your TV and read with large screen access and audio instructions, with all the convenience of a remote control:
- Browse & read an entire library with 1000s of audio books instantly available
- Plug directly into your TV for big screen access and audio
- No useful sight? GuideReader Pod works without the TV too – just add a speaker
- Accessible for people with every type of visual impairment
- Simple audio instructions guide you through every step
- Enlarge icons and menus as big as you need them
- Simple remote control feels instantly comfortable and familiar
GuideReader Pod plugs directly into your TV, so you can instantly benefit from the largest screen and best audio in the house! Sit back in your favorite armchair and read books and newspapers using only your Dolphin remote. Add a speaker and take your audio books anywhere in your home – perfect for bedtime reading or whilst doing the chores.
GuideReader Pod is smaller than a bag of sugar, so it won’t clutter up your home, yet can store up to 50 books and hundreds of newspapers. Plus the simple remote control feels comfortable and familiar in moments.
Everything about GuideReader Pod is simple and easy to use. Simply pick up your GuideReader Remote and with the press of a single button, you’re back reading, right where you left off.
Browsing for a new book is just as easy; listen to the simple step-by-step instructions read by human sounding voices. And unlike mainstream devices there’s no qwerty keyboard or app store to navigate.
Plus you can never get lost – jump straight back to the home screen with the press of a single button. Setting up GuideReader Pod is even simple; just plug it directly into your TV’s HDMI port and add power, it’s that simple.
GuideReader Pod has been created specifically for people with visual impairments that have a love of reading:
- Enlarge GuideReader’s menus and icons to a size that suits you
- Simple talking instructions that guide you, step by step
- 6 high contrast colour schemes to choose from
- Choose from a range of human sounding voices that are all easy on the ear
- Adjust the audio speed and volume for total listening comfort
- Tutorials, help and remote support that is designed by visually impaired people for visually impaired people!
- Stop & start your audio book with just 1 button on the Dolphin remote
- Simple step-by-step choices read aloud
- Spoken help for the exact spot you find yourself
- Never get lost – press and hold the back button and you’re instantly back to the home screen
- Entering text to search for a new book is even easy. GuideReader includes a carousel keyboard – a wheel of letters arranged A to Z. Simply move the wheel left or right to find the letter you need
Read books and newspapers using the largest screen in the house:
- Connects via a standard HDMI port
- Small & discreet at only 10cm x 10cm x 2cm
- Tactile on/off switch
- Also offers a headphone socket and mini USB port
- Mains operated – no charging or batteries required
If you don’t have a TV or you don’t have any useful sight, add a speaker and no TV is required!
Need big print? Go as large as your sight requires! Unlike mainstream bookreaders, GuideReader doesn’t restrict how large you make the text in the book. Pick a text font that works for you and read with word highlighting on or off. Or if your eyes tire easily, sit back, rest your eyes and listen to the audio.
GuideReader Pod is fully accessible, straight from the box with a talking getting started instructions and mini tutorials to teach you the basics. Designed with the unique requirements of readers with visual impairments, GuideReader Pod has large print menus and icons that are high contrast and always easy to read. The human voices are easy on the ear too, carefully guiding you, step by step.
Audio & Text
Experience the widest range of audio books, human narrated and delivered with large, crystal clear text, thanks to Dolphin’s True Font technology. From top ten best sellers to old classics, romance to tragedy, GuideReader has them all, free and ready to read. Simply sign up to your regional accessible library provider and get reading!
Synchronized, highlighted & Super Smooth!
There’s no need to compromise with GuideReader: listen to audio, read the large print text, or do both with each perfectly synchronized. NB Some books are supplied as audio only or text audio.
GuideReader reads books and newspapers in MP3, Daisy 2, DAISY 3 (text and audio) and Epub formats.
USB memory sticks
If you receive newspapers or books from an accessible book provider on a memory (USB) stick, GuideReader will play those too – simply import them and they’re on your bookshelf.
GuideReader’s Remote feels instantly comfortable and familiar. The simple, tactile buttons give you instant access to all your favorite GuideReader book reading functions:
- Stop/Start Reading
- Previous / Next
Dolphin has partnered with dozens of national and international library providers to bring audio books directly and effortlessly to your GuideReader Pod. Simply sign up to your local provider and then browse and download for free!
With GuideReader there’s no waiting for books to arrive on CD or USB Pen. Independently browse, select and download your own titles. Search for a favorite author, a recommended title or browse your preferred genre. And because GuideReader Pod stores up 50 books, it’s more bookshelf than just book reader.
Browse a range of national and international book libraries that are available in your country and in your local language.
- Browse popular titles
- Browse by genre
- Search by title
- Search by author
There’s no need to panic about getting to grips with GuideReader Pod – it really is simple and there’s tons of help when you need it. Tutorials are included and will literally guide your fingers through the basics with your Dolphin Remote!
And if you ever forgot or need a reminder, help is always at hand. Press the Help button and there’s tips for the exact spot you find yourself in – GuideReader even reads it to you. We’ve also included a host of videos online with handy tips, for your or family members that are supporting you.