- 110 characters/second – fastest braille embosser at the price!
- Quality double-sided Braille – the industry standard
- High-resolution tactile graphics – up to 50 dpi
- Built in Wi-Fi for embossing with smartphones and tablets
- USB port for embossing from a USB-drive, backing up or updating
- Control panel with braille labels, speech feedback, backlit text & keys
- Compact size – can go with you everywhere
- Tractor feed paper – the most reliable sheet feeding technology!
- Built in Bluetooth for external speakers in noisy environments
- Updated firmware with recovery mode and Acapela multilingual speech
- User defined paper sizes for custom documents
The INDEX Basic-D is the best selling braille embosser model in the world for a reason: it is the fastest braille embosser at the price while also being extremely robust and attractive. Building on that tradition, INDEX now offers the Basic-D Version 5 (V5) with modern connectivity options like wireless embossing, USB embossing and even on-board braille translation to automatically convert .doc, .txt and .pdf files to braille.
The Basic-D V5 is a modular design, so our US service center can repair quickly – usually within one working day – and can even remote into your embosser (with permission) to diagnose and repair most potential issues without the embosser ever leaving your desk. You never have to pay more for good, fast service for INDEX embossers.
Put away the swell paper machines and specialty tactile graphics tools. The Basic-D V5 now embosses high-resolution tactile graphics without compromising the quality and feel of the braille dot itself. Ask for a sample. You’ll be amazed at the quality of the tactile graphics that can come from a machine that also embosses perfect braille dots.
5" x 20" x 10" (13 cm x 52 cm x 26 cm)
16.7 lbs (7.6 kg)
< 60 dB(A) with acoustic cabinet
Tractor fed paper
120 – 180 gram/m2
5 – 13 inch (130 – 330 mm)
1 – 17 inch (25 – 432 mm)
6 and 8 dots
|Max character per line|
|Tatcile graphic resolution|
Up to 50 DPI. Minimum distance between dots 1.5 mm
Multilingual speech feedback
Back lit, labeled in ink and Braille + LED status
100 MB standard TCP/IP
Standard 3.5 mm
Embedded web server for embosser status monitoring and setup
15 – 40 C (59 – 104 F)
100 – 240 V AC
|Power stand by|
|Eco power down|
Our improved embossing technology will give you consistent high-quality Braille dots.
Cut the wires and create beautiful Braille documents from your smartphone, tablet, or laptop.
We give you more control with our new and improved user interface.
Index Direct Braille
Use idB to send a file directly to print without the hassle of a braille editor.
Emboss and Backup from USB
Emboss, backup, and restore your embosser using nothing but a USB drive.
Diagnose and correct issues faster than ever with remote support.