IVEO Hands-on-Learning System
Learning Through Touch, Sound & Sight
- Learn better with touch, sound, and sight combined
- Utilize any or all three learning modalities to learn faster and retain information longer
- Make learning more engaging and inclusive
- Include sounds, speech, or links in objects to further stimulate learning
Using sight, sound, and touch, the IVEO Hands-On Learning System allows users to understand tactile graphics in an engaging and interactive way. Combining powerful content creation software and an intuitive touchpad for audio-tactile feedback, IVEO provides unparalleled access to tactile information.
$595.00 – $1,290.00
How does the IVEO Hands-on-Learning System work?
- Create – Use the IVEO Pro software to create an audio tactile graphics or convert an existing image into an interactive document. Attach audio files to elements within the tactile graphics to provide more insight and information into what the person is touching.
- Emboss the tactile graphic with a ViewPlus embosser. VP embossers that print with ink also provides visual feedback for individuals with low vision, in addition to the audio and tactile stimuli.
- Connect your IVEO touchpad to a computer. Place the tactile graphic on the IVEO touchpad and, by tapping on the graphic, the embedded or linked audio clip will be played.
The system includes 3 components:
– The IVEO Author Pro – software for creating the interactive IVEO files
– The IVEO Player Software – free software for reading IVEO documents on-screen or with the IVEO Touchpad
– The IVEO Interactive Touchpad – a lightweight, touch-sensitive pad for reading tactile-audio images.
IVEO Author Pro Software
Create interactive IVEO files using the IVEO Author Pro. Import, scan or use the powerful drawing tools within the software to create custom images. You can even scan inaccessible PDF files or textbooks and use the built-in optical character recognition (OCR) to make the text readable. You can then add audio clips to images within the document to even more details. This is especially helpful when scanning textbooks, charts, diagrams, graphs and more.
IVEO Software System Requirements
Operating System: Windows 7 (32 & 64 bit)/Vista (32 & 64 bit)/XP (32 bit)
Minimum Processor: Pentium 1GHz or better
Memory Requirements: 512MB Minimum
Storage Requirements: 350MB free
Display Resolution: 800×600 minimum
IVEO Touchpad Specifications
Power: Powered through USB
Height: 1.2 in (31 mm)
Width: 16.5 in (419 mm)
Depth: 13.6 in (345 mm)
Weight: 5 lbs (2,3 kg)
Languages Supported: German, Spanish, Polish, French, Dutch, Swedish, Japanese, Russian, Norwegian, Italian