Publisher – Add Speech to Books
- Import text and images or create talking books from scratch
- Human narrated: Record live or import pre-recorded audio
- Automatic detection of headings for easy navigation
- Customize the look with styles, fonts, images and page numbers
- Produce the highest quality DAISY or EPUB 3 formats
Publisher is designed for organisations looking to create professional quality human narrated talking books. Used by 1000’s of book producers across the globe, Publisher is a proven solution for professional transcription services, talking book libraries and specialist talking book producers in education.
Professional, Human Narrated Books
- Create the highest quality human narrated audio books – record your reader’s voice live, or import pre-recorded audio
- Short on time or creating short life content? Add natural sounding synthesized speech to your book in seconds.
Record your Audio or Import Pre-Recorded
- Record audio directly into Dolphin Publisher using a microphone and a line-in to the PC sound card
- Import mp3 or .wav (pcm) files into Dolphin Publisher
- Apply automatic phrase detection to create navigable “audio events”
- Convert MP3 files into .wav during the import process to allow full editing
- Record audio from 8000Hz mono to 48000Hz stereo formats
- Resample audio during the import process
- Audio processing functions allow audio to be altered if needed (Resample, fade in, fade out, normalize, amplify, filter and insert silence)
Add Natural Sounding Synthetic Speech
- Automatically generate synthetic speech audio from the on-screen text (compatible with SAPI 4 or SAPI 5 speech synthesizers)
- Audio is automatically synchronized with the on-screen text
- Generate audio for entire productions or just individual sections
- Fill in the gaps where no pre-recorded audio is available using a synthetic voice
- Adjust speed and volume of the generated synthetic speech
Flexible Input Options
- Save time and energy – Import your books’ text from Word documents, HTML or text files. You can even cut and paste!
Create the Text for your Talking Book
- Import text from MS Word (.doc and .docx) and TXT documents
- Import text from HTML and XHTML files
- Import NIMAS, unprotected EPUB and DTBook XML
- Drag and Drop text from any other application including Web pages
- Import images and graphics
- Import existing DAISY books for editing
- Automatic mark up of words, sentences or paragraphs for navigation.
- Automatic mark up of all document headings from HTML tags
Customize your Talking Book
Ensure your book looks good to readers with sight. Customize the text by adding styles, formatting, fonts, page numbers, images using Publisher’s HTML editor (or your own editor if you prefer).
Customize the Look
Using Publisher’s built in HTML editor, or your own:
- Alter font styles and sizes
- Apply style sheet to final production
- Mark body text as skippable elements (page numbers, footnotes, producer notes and side bars) that can be played or ignored by supporting playback devices.
- Add “pop-up” images that are displayed in synchronization with the corresponding audio.
Adopt International eBook Standards
Publisher enables you to adopt the latest accessible eBook, talking books standards, including:
- DAISY 2
- DAISY 3
- EPUB 3 formats
With the ability to add ‘media overlays’ for synchronized audio and text, EPUB 3 is set to become the de facto accessible digital book format. Discover more about EPUB 3 from the International Digital Publishing Forum.
Produce DAISY or EPUB 3 Formats
- Produce your talking book as DAISY 2.02, DAISY 3 or EPUB 3 with media overlays
- Produce all 6 types of DAISY digital talking book; including text only, audio only, or full text and audio
- Intellectual Property Protection (IPP) function allows protection from unauthorized copying, viewing or editing of the text and images in your production
- Validation function checks for possible errors prior to outputting
- Cleanup function removes redundant audio files and merges remaining files into logical segments
- Logically rename audio files to allow playback in standard MP3 players by adding ID3 tags to MP3 files used in your DAISY books.
- Convert full text and audio DAISY books into NCC/TOC only DAISY books
If you are interested in trying Dolphin Publisher for 30-days then click on the button below for an instant download!
|Computer / Processor|
1.5 gigahertz (GHz) or faster x86 or x64 compatible processor.
2 gigabytes(GB) RAM
5.0 gigabytes (GB) available
Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit) – Service Pack 2 is required, Windows 8.1 (32-bit or 64-bit), Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit)
Internet Download or installation from DVD.
Internet Explorer 8 or later.
Microphone and associated peripherals for recording.