TactileView Design Suite
The TactileView Design Suite is a fully accessible tactile graphics system that allows both sighted and visually impaired user the ability to create tactile graphics fast and efficiently. The system consists of 3 main components: Tactipad Drawing Tablet, TactileView Design Software & the Audio Reading System
1) TactiPad Drawing Tablet – Draw raised graphics instantly!
- Place the drawing paper on the tablet and use a pen or stylus to begin drawing. As you draw a raised line will appear so you can see the results instantly
- Or draw using the digital pen and your drawings will be stored electronically. Then use the TactileView Design Software described below to continue editing your image if necassary.
2) TactileView Design Software – Create your own tactile graphics!
- Use the drawing tools within the software to make custom graphics.
- Import or scan images and convert them to line drawings
- Add braille and audio labels to create even more interactivity
- Preview the free online catalog for thousands of pre-made images
3) Audio Reading System – Explore tactile printouts through touch and sound!
- Place the printout on the yellow clickpad insert, attach the digital drawing pen and begin exploring
- The digital pen will read the audio labels providing a more detailed description of the graphic while also allowing you to receive tactile feedback simultaneously.
This interactive system is the perfect solution for classroom environment where collaboration between visually impaired students and teachers is essential!
The TactiPad has many applications: it is the ideal drawing board for leisure activities, schoolwork or in your professional career. It can even be used on the go. You can choose whether you want to make a simple sketch by hand, or use the different drawing tools – ruler, triangle, protractor and compasses – for highly accurate drawings. Eight adjustable buttons and measurement indicators around the drawing surface allow you to accurately fix the tools while drawing.
By combining the TactiPad with the TactileView drawing and production software and digital pen, the drawings that you create can be saved on the computer as well. This method of drawing enables VIPs to create digital images in TactileView.
Moreover, this setup can also be used to explore audio-tactile diagrams. The TactiPad will function as a touch screen with the digital pen as a pointer, allowing you to access the spoken digital information in a drawing
14.5″ x 11″ x 0.5″
|Audio Reading System|
8.5″x11″ page size
Latest Version Included